1. Who we are:
We are Hussey Fraser Solicitors of 17-19 Northumberland Road, Dublin 4. You can contact us at this address by post or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our data protection officer is Andrea Sullivan. She may be contacted at the above address by post or by email at email@example.com.
2. Why we process your data, the lawful basis for processing your data and who we share it with
A. For people who view and interact with our website, we process data:
- to respond to your query when sent through our contact forms
- to provide you with advice on our firm’s legal services
The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in the administration and operation of our legal services as well as our legitimate interest in marketing and promoting our firm’s legal services.
We share the information you provide with our IT service providers in order to process your information with our client system. We may also send you emails through our email service provider.
B. For solicitors and barristers that we liaise with on client matters, we process data:
- In order to liaise with you about client matters
- To provide legal advice on client matters
The legal basis for the processing of this data is processing necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by our firm in representing our clients.
We share the information you provide with our practice management system in order to store your contact information with our client file. We may also send you emails through our email service provider.
We will retain this data for the duration of our service to you plus seven years thereafter.
C. For job applicants to the firm, we process data:
- to recruit new employees
- to ascertain your suitability for a specific role
The legal basis for this processing is processing necessary for the purpose of the legitimate interests of our firm in recruiting new staff. Please see the privacy notice in the job advertisement for further information about how we process applicant data.
We share the information you provide in your application with our contracted recruiter in order to make a shortlist of candidates. This recruiter is not permitted to use this data other than on our behalf. We may also send you emails about your application through our email service provider.
We will retain this data for the duration of the recruitment process and six months thereafter.
3. Transfers of data outside the European Economic Area
We do not transfer your personal data outside the EEA.
4. Information received from third parties and the source of that data
We may obtain your contact details from various referral sources including previous clients. These referees should obtain your consent prior to sharing your personal data with us. You are entitled to withdraw this consent at any time.
5. Your rights relating to personal data
You have the following rights under the GDPR, in certain circumstances and subject to certain exemptions, in relation to your personal data:
- right to access the data – you have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, together with other information about our processing of that personal data.
- right to rectification – you have the right to request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected, or if we have incomplete information you may request that we update the information such that it is complete.
- right to erasure – you have the right to request us to delete personal data that we hold about you. This is sometimes referred to as the right to be forgotten.
- right to restriction of processing or to object to processing – you have the right to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes, or to object to our processing of your personal data for particular purposes.
- right to data portability – you have the right to request us to provide you, or a third party, with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine readable format.
In order to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at the contact details at the start of this privacy notice.
If we are processing personal data based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time. This does not affect the lawfulness of processing which took place prior to its withdrawal.
If you are unhappy with how we process personal data, we ask you to contact us so that we can rectify the situation.
You may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The Irish supervisory authority is the Data Protection Commission.
6. Requirement to process personal data
You may browse our website without providing us with any personal data and this will not affect your ability to view our website.
If you do not provide us with your information for the purposes described above, we cannot respond to your queries sent through our contact us form, liaise with you on client matters or assess your suitability for a role within our firm.
7. Automated decision-making and profiling
We do not use any personal data for the purpose of automated decision-making or profiling.
The information contained in e-mail messages and any attachments is confidential and may be the subject of legal, professional or other privilege. Correspondence is intended only for the named addressee(s) and may not be disclosed to anyone else without the consent of the sender. If you are not a named addressee you must not retain, use, disclose, copy, print or rely on the contents of e-correspondence and should delete all copies of it from your systems immediately.
The firm gives no warranty that e-mail messages are free of any virus or other harmful matter and accept no responsibility for any loss or damage resulting from a recipient receiving, opening or using such correspondence.
Hussey Fraser use industry standard security measures to protect your information and to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of any information in our control. Unfortunately, due to the existing regulatory environment, we cannot ensure that all of your private communications and other personally identifiable information will never be disclosed. However, we will use our best endeavours to ensure that such information is kept as secure as possible.
Amendments to the Policy:
The Policy may change from time to time, and any changes to the Policy will be posted on the website and will be effective from the date of posting.